Delivering freight to Penzance and St. Mary’s Quay…
Delivering items to the North Arm Pier (Gry Maritha):
- Chilled & frozen goods are required for loading between 08:00 & 10:00 on the day of sailing, unless otherwise advised.
- Non-perishable items please contact Penzance Quay office and ask for quieter delivery times. Monday & Friday sailings are usually our quieter times and allow a greater chance of delivering & shipping goods without delays or extended waiting times
- Large / oversized freight items (larger than a standard 1200×1000 pallet) cannot be stored in the Ranks building and must be delivered on day of sailing. Monday, Wednesday or Friday.
Delivering items to the Lighthouse Pier (Scillonian III)
- Freight items are accepted on the quay from 7:00am – 7:30am for all sailings which depart at 09:15am or later. For earlier sailings the freight team will be on the quay accepting freight 2hrs and 15 minutes before departure for 30 minutes. Cut off times must be adhered to, to ensure that we can clear the quay of freight items before our passengers arrive for check-in.
St. Mary’s Quay
Delivering items to the St. Mary’s Quay:
- Large freight is accepted throughout the day with the exception of when Scillonian III is docking – between 12.00pm and 14.00pm.
- All items for delivery must be on the quay no later the 1 hr and 15 mins before departure.
- For standard sailing times, freight items must be with us at the latest by 15:15pm for at 16:30 departure.
- The quay will not except large freight items between 12.00pm and 14.00pm when the ship is docking.
- For timings for departures other then 16.30pm, please consult the freight office.
If you need to ship a trailer, please make sure that it has a fully working jockey wheel and tyres that are adequately inflated and considered in good condition. For trailers over 3ft x 4ft, they must arrive with fully operational brakes which are required when crew are loading and moving trailers on the un-even ships deck.
Please bear in mind that trailers are not designed to be lifted with cargo — if you need to ship a packed trailer, you do so at your own risk. We are unable to ship trailers that have been packed beyond their standard holding capacity as this is an unsafe load to lift. We may refuse trailers that are damaged or overloaded. Trailers that are deemed to be overloaded will need to be emptied before lifting and an excess luggage fee will apply in accordance to our standard freight charges.
*The company reserves the right to refuse damaged or overloaded trailers that is deemed unfit for shipping.
Luggage drop off
On the St. Mary’s and Penzance quays, please hand your luggage to one of our quay hands — they will pack everything into the containers. Luggage containers are only accessible by the quay staff, crew of the Scillonian III & Gry Maritha.
For 16:30 departures, luggage is accepted:
- Mon – Sat: 10:00 – 11:45 and 14:00 – 16:00
- Sun: 14:00 – 16:00
For 15:00 summer departures, luggage is accepted:
- Sat: 10:30 – 12:30 and 13:45 – 14:30
Outside of these timeslots, please keep your luggage with you at all times.
Luggage collected on St Mary’s and delivered to the Scillonian III by Island Carriers or Richard Hand Haulage will not be accessible until you reach Penzance quay, to collected it.
Freight delivery address
The Ranks Building, North Arm Pier, Wharf Road, Penzance, TR18 4AH
Charges will be raised on goods that are not collected within 24 hours of delivery to St Marys & Penzance Quays, unless arranged with quay manager.
Pallets deemed unfit for shipping may be refused or, if time allows, a £7.00 per pallet fee for re-wrapping/re-packing will be charged.