Delivering freight to Penzance and St. Mary’s Quay…
Delivering items to the quay:
- Chilled & frozen goods are required for loading between 08:00 & 10:00 on the day of sailing, unless otherwise advised.
- Non-perishable items please contact Penzance Quay office and ask for quieter delivery times.
- Large freight items are accepted on the quay from 7:00am – 7:30am for all sailings which depart at 09:15am or later. For earlier sailings the freight team will be on the quay accepting freight 2hrs and 15 minutes before departure for 30 minutes. Cut off times must be adhered to, to ensure that we can clear the quay of freight items before our passengers arrive for check-in.
St. Mary’s Quay
Delivering items to the quay:
- Large freight is accepted throughout the day with the exception of when Scillonian III is docking.
- All items for delivery must be on the quay no later the 1 hr and 15 mins before departure.
- For standard sailing times, freight items must be with us at the latest by 15:15pm for at 16:30 departure.
- The quay will not except large freight items between 12.00pm and 14.00pm when the ship is docking.
- For timings for departures other then 16.30pm, please consult the freight office.
If you need to ship a trailer, please make sure that it has a fully-working jockey wheel and tyres that are adequately inflated and considered in good condition. For trailers over 3ft x 4ft, they must arrive with fully operational brakes.
Please bear in mind that trailers are not designed to be lifted with cargo — if you need to ship a packed trailer, you do so at your own risk. We are unable to ship trailers that have been packed beyond their standard holding capacity as this is an unsafe load to lift. We may refuse trailers that are damaged or overloaded. Trailers that are deemed to be overloaded will need to be emptied before lifting and a excess luggage fee will apply in accordance to our standard freight charges.
*The company reserves the right to refuse damaged or overloaded trailers that is deemed unfit for shipping .
Vehicles, boats, and gigs
Both the Gry Maritha and Scillonian III carry vehicles between the mainland and the islands although commercial vehicles can only be taken on the Gry Maritha.
There is to be no personal luggage shipped within the vehicle. Camping equipment or heavy luggage will need to be unloaded and loaded into containers prior to booking and a fee applied in accordance with our standard freight charges. Only necessary items such as paddles and sails can be shipped aboard boats and gigs.
Animal trailers can be shipped on Scillonian III, but please ensure they’re cleaned fully before you bring them to the quay for shipping.
On the St. Mary’s and Penzance quays, hand your luggage to one of the quay hands — they’ll pack everything into the containers. Luggage containers are only accessible by the crew of the Gry Maritha and Scillonian III and quay staff.
For 16:30 departures, luggage is accepted:
- Mon – Sat: 10:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 16:00
- Sun: 14:00 – 16:00
For 15:00 summer departures, luggage is accepted:
- Sat: 10:30 – 12:30 and 13:45 – 14:30
Outside of these timeslots, please keep your luggage with you at all times.
Please note that during gig weekend or double sailings, we have to limit the amount of large freight we ship — if you need to ship during these times, please get in touch for further information.
Freight delivery address
The Ranks Building, North Arm Pier, Wharf Road, Penzance, TR18 4AH
Charges will be raised on goods that are not collected within 24 hours of delivery to St Marys & Penzance Quays, unless arranged with quay manager.
Pallets deemed unfit for shipping may be refused or, if time allows, a £7.00 per pallet fee for re-wrapping/re-packing will be charged.