As we grow, we look to employ people with the right skills and experience that understand the importance of maintaining and improving our services.
Investors in People
Marketing and PR Coordinator
The Isles of Scilly Steamship Group is unique in the UK in terms of its breadth of transport operations including commercial airline, airport and shipping services, providing lifeline links for both passengers and freight between the Isles of Scilly and the mainland. In addition, the Company operates Penzance Dry Dock and several other businesses on the islands.
We are now looking to recruit an experienced and energetic Marketing and PR Coordinator to join our Penzance based team.
What will I be responsible for?
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the marketing activity as part of a strategy devised by the Marketing Manager. He / she will support the day to day activities of the department providing invaluable support to the team, with responsibility of developing the travel trade market, managing press office, internal communications strategy and affiliate services. You will also:
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Manager and the rest of the marketing team to plan and support the implementation of integrated marketing activities.
- Deputise for the Marketing and Communications Manager when appropriate both internally and externally.
- Work with external stakeholders, agencies and suppliers to enhance and deliver marketing and PR activities.
- Manage press office requests from external agency and be responsible for organising and scheduling travel, accommodation and activities for journalists whilst on the Isles of Scilly.
- Monitor and benchmark competitor campaign activity and report on findings as appropriate to management.
- Develop and implement internal communication strategies with support from the Marketing Manager.
- Drive and develop secondary revenue via advertising sales.
- Develop and implement Trade Marketing strategies with support from the Marketing Manager.
- Provide support for internal marketing activities including the organisation and administration and PR activity of the company’s community fund.
- Assist with companywide projects or initiatives as required.
Who Are We Looking For?
You must have excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills with strategic thinking capability and the ability to work on own initiative when required. You will also have:
- Experience in developing and devising marketing strategies from concept to completion.
- Experience of writing high quality content across all platforms, including website content, blogs, newsletters, magazines and social media.
- Experience in using WordPress and working with E-Commerce sites.
- Good brand awareness, in both copy and use of images.
- Experience of growing and managing a marketing database.
- Experience of working with designers and photographers to produce advertisements, leaflets and brochures.
- Experience of helping to plan and market events.
- Experience of prioritising tasks and working to deadlines.
- Skilled in running Facebook and Twitter Ads campaigns with experience of tracking and evaluating online and offline marketing activities.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (CIM) with at least 3 years’ experience in both online and offline channels.
- Strong IT skills – experience of using Microsoft office, social media tools for business and website CRM systems
- An understanding of digital marketing and tools.
- Experience in digital systems including WordPress and social media platforms
- Excellent written communication capabilities with the ability to engage and convey messages to a variety of audiences in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent administrative skills
- Organised and self-motivated
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work as part of a small but busy team and enthuse others
- Travel benefits
- 28 days holiday entitlement per year inclusive
Can’t see the job for you?
Whilst we may not have the right vacancy for you at present, we welcome speculative applications.