As we grow, we look to employ people with the right skills and experience that understand the importance of maintaining and improving our services.
A new opportunity has become available for a Quay Hand based at St Mary’s. Reporting to the Quay Manager, this role focuses on the day-to-day operations of the loading and unloading of the company vessels.
The Isles of Scilly Steamship Group is unique in the UK in terms of its breadth of transport operations including shipping, airline and airport services; providing lifeline links for both passengers and freight services between the Isles of Scilly and the mainland. The Group operates the Scillonian III passenger ferry and the Gry Maritha freight vessel. Inter-island freight and mail services are provided using two smaller vessels.
- Docking & undocking of company vessels
- To accept and monitor all accompanied and unaccompanied freight
- Assist with the loading and unloading of vessels
- Ensure customer service levels are met and maintained at all times
- Maintain operational procedures
- Current forklift licence is desirable but full training & certification can be arranged
- Work wear provided
- Discounted Travel
- Pension plan
- 22 days’ holiday plus bank holidays pro rata
HOURS: FULL TIME, 40 HOURS A WEEK. THIS ROLE WILL REQUIRE EVENING & WEEKEND WORK, BANK HOLIDAYS ARE CONSIDERED PART OF THE NORMAL WORKING WEEK.
Can’t see the job for you?
Whilst we may not have the right vacancy for you at present, we welcome speculative applications.