As we grow, we look to employ people with the right skills and experience that understand the importance of maintaining and improving our services.
Investors in People
Seasonal Car Park Attendant, Penzance
A new opportunity has become available for a seasonal car park attendant to join our team, based in Penzance. To assist with the operation and maintenance of car parking facilities. This is a great position for anybody who enjoys working with the general public and thrives in a busy working environment.
The Isles of Scilly Steamship Group is unique in the UK in terms of its breadth of transport operations including shipping, airline and airport services; providing lifeline links for both passengers and freight services between the Isles of Scilly and the mainland. The Group operates the Scillonian III passenger ferry and has recently acquired a new freight ship that is currently being modified to replace the current, smaller vessel, the Gry Maritha. Inter-island freight and mail services are provided using two smaller vessels. The Company also operates Penzance Dry Dock to maintain its own vessels and provide services to external clients.
- Operate and maintain a car parking facility and to guide cars into parking spaces.
- To maintain the car parking site, ensuring that the area is kept clean and tidy at all times and that entrance and exits are kept clear.
- To ensure that the car park runs smoothly and efficiently
- To give guidance to our customers about their transfers to Scillonian III or Skybus or Island Helicopters
- Be able to give clear verbal and written instructions
- Be self-motivated
- Exceptional level of customer service skills
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Work wear provided
- Discounted Travel
- Pension plan
- 22 days holiday pro rata
Can’t see the job for you?
Whilst we may not have the right vacancy for you at present, we welcome speculative applications.