As we grow, we look to employ people with the right skills and experience that understand the importance of maintaining and improving our services.
Investors in People
Seasonal Scillonian III Passenger Services Assistant
The Isles of Scilly Steamship Group is unique in the UK in terms of its breadth of transport operations including commercial airline, airport and shipping services, providing lifeline links for both passengers and freight between the Isles of Scilly and the mainland. In addition, the Company operates Penzance Dry Dock and several other businesses on the islands.
We are recruiting for Passenger Services Assistant to join our team in Penzance.
- Checking-in of passengers prior to the sailing of our passenger ferry, Scillonian III
- Dealing with general customer enquires
- Ensuring customer service levels are met and maintained
- Providing meet and greet service on the ship’s arrival back in Penzance in the evening
- Processing, updating, creating and maintaining computer and manual records
Whilst this job description attempts to cover the main duties and responsibilities of the post it is not exhaustive. The post holder is therefore expected to undertake any other reasonable duties within their capabilities and the scope of the post as specified by the Travel Centre Manager or Passenger Services Supervisor.
- A good general education, excellent communication, customer services and computer skills
- You should have a positive attitude and be flexible towards working hours
- You should have good time management skills and be capable of prioritizing a busy workload
- Candidates will have experience of customer service on a face-to-face basis
- Discounted Travel
- 30 days paid holiday (pro rata, including bank holidays)
- Workwear and training Provided
- Variable hours as required on roster basis
- Split shifts, mornings and evenings
- Seasonal part-time position
Can’t see the job for you?
Whilst we may not have the right vacancy for you at present, we welcome speculative applications.