As we grow, we look to employ people with the right skills and experience that understand the importance of maintaining and improving our services.
Investors in People
SEASONAL SCILLONIAN III PASSENGER SERVICES ASSISTANTS
The Isles of Scilly Steamship Group is unique in the UK in terms of its breadth of transport operations including commercial airline, airport and shipping services, providing lifeline links for both passengers and freight between the Isles of Scilly and the mainland. In addition, the Company operates Penzance Dry Dock and several other businesses on the islands.
We are recruiting for Passenger Services Assistants to join our team in St Mary’s, Isles of Scilly.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Checking-in of passengers prior to the sailing of Scillonian III
- Dealing with general customer enquires
- Ensuring customer service levels are met and maintained
- Processing, updating, creating and maintaining computer and manual records
- Option for additional hours providing a meet and greet service on the ship’s arrival on St Mary’s
- Providing assistance to passengers when required.
Whilst this job description attempts to cover the main duties and responsibilities of the post it is not exhaustive. The post holder is therefore expected to undertake any other reasonable duties within their capabilities and the scope of the post as specified by the Travel Centre Manager or Passenger Services Supervisor.
- A good general education, excellent communication, customer services and computer skills.
- You should have a positive attitude and be flexible towards working hours.
- You should have good time management skills and be capable of prioritizing a busy workload.
- Candidates will have experience of customer service on a face-to-face basis.
- Discounted Travel
- 30 days annual leave, pro rata, inclusive of any public bank holidays
- Workwear Provided
- Training Provided
- General hours are 3pm to 4:45pm on a roster basis
- Sessions may be slightly earlier on some dates, particularly Saturdays during the summer
- Additional hours available from 11:45am providing a meet and greet service for the ship’s arrival on St Mary’s
- Seasonal part-time position
Can’t see the job for you?
Whilst we may not have the right vacancy for you at present, we welcome speculative applications.