As we grow, we look to employ people with the right skills and experience that understand the importance of maintaining and improving our services.
Investors in People
SEASONAL SCILLONIAN III PASSENGER SERVICES ASSISTANTS
The Isles of Scilly Steamship Group is unique in the UK in terms of its breadth of transport operations including commercial airline, airport and shipping services, providing lifeline links for both passengers and freight between the Isles of Scilly and the mainland. In addition, the Company operates Penzance Dry Dock and several other businesses on the islands.
We are seeking an applicant to join us as a Passenger Services Assistant. You’ll be working as part of a small and busy team on St Mary’s Quay.
- Checking-in passengers prior to boarding the Scillonian III
- Dealing with general customer enquiries
- Ensuring customer service levels are met and maintained
- Processing, updating, creating and maintaining computer and manual records
- Providing assistance to passengers when required
- A good general education, excellent communication, customer services and computer skills
- You should have a positive attitude and be flexible towards working hours
- You should have good time management skills and be capable of prioritizing a busy workload
- Candidates will have experience of customer service on a face-to-face basis
- General hours are 3pm to 4:45pm, on a roster basis
- Sessions may be slightly earlier (or occasionally later) on some dates, particularly Saturdays during the summer
- Seasonal part time position, hours available will vary according to seasonal demand
- Discounted travel
- 30 days paid holiday
(pro-rata including bank holidays)
Workwear and training provided
Can’t see the job for you?
Whilst we may not have the right vacancy for you at present, we welcome speculative applications.