As we grow, we look to employ people with the right skills and experience that understand the importance of maintaining and improving our services.
Investors in People
Sole Engineer/Second Engineer
We are seeking an applicant to join us at one of Cornwall’s fastest growing companies. An exciting opportunity exists to join a small team as Sole Engineer on the Freight Vessel & 2nd Engineer on the Passenger Vessel or individual roles depending on competence level & experience.
This role is ideally suited to someone who wishes to work close to home, living within daily commuting distance of Penzance. However all applicants will be considered within the UK.
The Isles of Scilly Steamship Group is unique in the UK in terms of its breadth of transport operations including shipping, airline and airport services; providing lifeline links for both passengers and freight between the Isles of Scilly and the mainland.
- As Sole Engineer on the Freight Vessel min M.E.O.L. (Marine Engine Operators Licence) or above.
- As 2nd Engineer on the Passenger Vessel min 2nd Engineer <3000kW NC or above.
- 2nd Engineer <3000kW will cover both roles.
- 1:1 (two weeks on and 2 weeks off).
- Sole Engineer on the Freight Vessel, being responsible for running & maintaining the engine room including fuel operations pertaining to the role. Working on deck helping with cargo operations when/if possible. As per stated within the SMS.
- 2nd Engineer on the Passenger Vessel, being part of a team running & maintaining the vessel’s engine room in all aspects, defined by the SMS. Responsible to the Chief Engineer.
- The Freight vessel operates all year round. Normally 3 trips per week conditions dependant.
- The Passenger vessel operates seasonally normally between February/March to November. Sailing normally 1 trip per day, 6 days per week in the off season. In the High season running 7 days per week.
Can’t see the job for you?
Whilst we may not have the right vacancy for you at present, we welcome speculative applications.