As we grow, we look to employ people with the right skills and experience that understand the importance of maintaining and improving our services.
Investors in People
The Isles of Scilly Steamship Group is unique in the UK in terms of its breadth of transport operations including commercial airline, airport and shipping services, providing lifeline links for both passengers and freight between the Isles of Scilly and the mainland. In addition, the Company operates Penzance Dry Dock and several other businesses on the islands.
We are recruiting for a Travel Advisor to join our team on St Mary’s. The successful candidate will be able to:
- Answer enquiries from Skybus and Scillonian customers in person, via email, letter or over the telephone in line with company policies & procedures.
- Provide a flexible and high-quality customer focused and courteous service, whilst maintaining a smart and professional corporate image at all times.
- Ensure all issues are resolved, where possible at the first point of contact, providing appropriate information and advice or where necessary pass messages to the appropriate member of staff.
- Work towards ensuring that all Key Performance Indicators are met by the Travel Centre team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To field enquiries either by telephone, in person, via email or letter in a timely manner.
- Ensure customer service levels are met and maintained.
- Making reservations for Scillonian and Skybus passengers.
- Process, update, create and maintain computer and manual records.
Whilst this job description attempts to cover the main duties and responsibilities of the post it is not exhaustive. The post holder is therefore expected to undertake any other reasonable duties within their capabilities and the scope of the post as specified by the Travel Centre Manager or Travel Centre Supervisor.
- A good general education, excellent communication, customer services and computer skills.
- You should have a positive attitude and be flexible towards working hours.
- You should have good time management skills and be capable of prioritizing a busy workload.
- Candidates will have experience of customer service using a telephone system and also on a face-to-face basis.
- Customer service and systems training will be provided.
- Qualifications relevant to Customer Services or the Travel Industry
- A proven track record of commitment to personal development
- 30 days annual leave, inclusive of any public bank holidays
- Discounted Travel
Can’t see the job for you?
Whilst we may not have the right vacancy for you at present, we welcome speculative applications.