Win one of 40 tickets
to the Isles of Scilly
Wish Scillonian III a Happy 40th Birthday for a chance to win a free return ticket to the Isles of Scilly.
We’re giving away 40 return ferry tickets to the Isles of Scilly this year to celebrate the 40th anniversary of our iconic Scillonian III passenger ferry.
2017 marks the 40th year of service of Scillonian III, the group’s longest serving passenger ferry to date, and 40 lucky winners will experience the spectacular ferry journey to the islands for free thanks to a giveaway launched as part of the commemorative celebrations.
Return tickets from Penzance Harbour to St Mary’s on the Isles of Scilly will be awarded to the best and most creative birthday wishes given to the ship in posts made on our social media channels.
You’ll need to submit your entry via Isles of Scilly’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts, using the hashtag #HappyBirthdayScillonian in your posts to be in with a chance of winning one of the golden tickets. You must also ensure you ‘like’ the Isles of Scilly Travel Facebook or Instagram page, or follow @IOSTravel on Twitter, when posting your message.
If you win a ticket, you’ll set sail for Scilly from Penzance on the Scillonian III and soak up the spectacular sight of the Cornish coastline along the way, spotting landmarks like the world-renowned open air Minack Theatre, the famous Porthcurno cove and the Land’s End peninsula, before the breathtaking archipelago itself comes into view.
Often the ship is joined and followed by pods of dolphins, seabirds and occasionally even basking sharks.
When you arrive on St Mary’s to discover this must-see destination, you can explore five inhabited islands, each with its own unique charm and character, and island-hopping is a must with tripper boats making regular stops between St Mary’s, Tresco, Bryher, St Martin’s and St Agnes.
So get entering!
For a chance to win one of the return adult tickets, simply wish the Scillonian III a ‘Happy Birthday’ in a post on either the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts for Isles of Scilly Travel, and feel free to use videos, photos or just a simple message, as long as it features the hashtag #HappyBirthdayScillonian.
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must also ‘like’ the Facebook or Instagram page, or follow @IOSTravel on Twitter as well as posting a message
- Entrants must use the hashtag #HappyBirthdayScillonian
- Messages must be posted before May 25th
- Winners will be selected after that date and noticed via social media channel used to enter
- Prize winning tickets can be used in June, July, September and October, excluding peak school holidays and Bank Holiday weekends, for midweek crossings on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and Sunday sailings in the summer
- Some other exclusions may apply during major events or peak periods
- Bookings are subject to availability on requested dates
- Valid for new bookings on Scillonian III only
- Normal travel T&C’s apply and can be found at: https://www.islesofscilly-travel.co.uk/plan-your-trip/terms-and-conditions/