Wild beaches, rocky coastlines and tropical palms, it’s not a surprise that Scilly is often referred to as Cornwall’s Caribbean. From sweeping headlands, stunning sunsets and fascinating places to explore, the Isles of Scilly are truly magical.
We’ve had another fantastic season and wanted to share some of our best images of the year, here’s our top ten.
- The view from Gugh island to St Agnes
- Rare striped dolphins spotted off Scillonian III, image taken by Orca Web
- Scillonian III celebrating 40 years of faithful service
- Rare red squirrels on Tresco Island
- St Agnes Lighthouse peeking through the trees
- The view over Cornwall’s coastline as seen from Skybus
- St Martin’s iconic coastline from the air
- The clear blue waters
- Land’s End Airport celebrating 80 years of scheduled flights to the Isles of Scilly
- As the sun sets over St Mary’s Harbour
Scilly is a photographer’s dream, whether it’s capturing the stillness of the landscape as the sun rises or the hive of activity in Hugh Town, it’s easy to see why our passengers return year after year.
Feel free to share your Scilly images using #TravelScilly or if you haven’t visited the islands, book your 2018 trip today! Flights departs from Land’s End and Newquay Airport all year round and from Exeter Airport March-November. Scillonian III, our passenger ferry sails from Penzance Harbour up to 6 days a week through March to November.