Isles of Scilly Steamship Company Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.islesofscilly-travel.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Isles of Scilly Steamship Company Limited whose Data Protection Registration Number is Z1687873.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information by filling in forms on our site www.islesofscilly-travel.co.uk (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, purchase tickets on our site, contribute to or use some of the advanced features on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in payment services and analytics providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Cookies are small data files which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain certain personal information about you, which help us to deliver a better and more personalised service.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to reject cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site.
- Performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our sites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|WordPress settings||wp-settings-1||This cookie is used to customise the admin interface of the website and possibly the main site interface||WordPress|
|WordPress Settings||wp-settings-time-1||This cookie is used to customise the admin interface of the website and possibly the main site interface||WordPress|
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the tickets, information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other offers and services that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about offers and services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about offers and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU. WE WILL USE THIS INFORMATION:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about offers or services that may interest you or them.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Isles of Scilly Steamship Company Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of carriage and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Isles of Scilly Steamship Company Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.