Isles of Scilly Steamship Company Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
You may be asked to provide personal information whilst you are in contact with us. Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact you. You do not have to provide the personal information we request, however, if you chose not to, we may not be able to provide you with the products and/or services that you have requested.
If we combine personal information with non-personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation and the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Data Protection Legislation”), the data controller is Isles of Scilly Steamship Company Limited whose Data Protection Registration Number is Z1687873.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us personal information by filling in forms on our site www.islesofscilly-travel.co.uk (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, purchase tickets on our site, contribute to or use some of the advanced features on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The personal information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in payment services and analytics providers) and may receive information about you from them. Where necessary, we will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Cookies are small data files which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain certain personal information about you, which help us to deliver a better and more personalised service.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to reject cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site.
- Performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our sites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|WordPress settings||wp-settings-1||This cookie is used to customise the admin interface of the website and possibly the main site interface||WordPress|
|WordPress Settings||wp-settings-time-1||This cookie is used to customise the admin interface of the website and possibly the main site interface||WordPress|
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use your personal information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the tickets, information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about offers and services that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about or we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about offers and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out at any time by updating the [preferences on your account]. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have provided your explicit consent to this. If you are happy for us to use your personal information in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your personal information (the registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about offers or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources: We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information (including personal information) with the following categories of third parties:
- Suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Your personal information will not be shared with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we have your consent to do so;
- To provide and/or improve our services and products;
- If Isles of Scilly Steamship Company Limited or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about you will be one of the transferred assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of carriage and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Isles of Scilly Steamship Company Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Under Data Protection Legislation you have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- Right to access. You have the right to request access to information held about you. We will provide you with a copy of your personal data held by us free of charge (providing your request is not excessive or for multiple copies, in which case we may charge a reasonable fee to cover our costs) and certain information about the processing of your personal data and the source of such data (if not directly collected from you).
- Right to object to data processing. You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time by [DESCRIBE MECHANISM]. Upon receipt of your notification, we shall promptly stop any processing of your personal information and (if requested by you) erase such information if we are not required to retain it for legitimate business or legal purposes.
- Right of rectification and right of erasure. You have the right to request that we correct or erase any inaccuracies in your personal information if such information would be incomplete, inaccurate or processed unlawfully.
You can also exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate effort (for example, fundamentally changing an existing practice) or risk the privacy of others.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.