Joining Travel Club
Travel Club is a voluntary programme offered to permanent, full-time island residents by the Isles of Scilly Steamship Group and provides substantially discounted travel. As the Company does not receive any grants or subsidies to cover the cost of the scheme it is a privilege granted only to those who live on the islands year-round. All requests to join/renew Travel Club will be considered on a case by case basis. Travel Club members can book tickets at any of the travel centres or by calling 01720 424220 and quoting their Travel Club number.
- Applicants must be full time, permanent residents on the Isles of Scilly for at least 12 months preceding the date of application and must have their primary or family residence located on the Isles of Scilly.
- To join or renew, members must be in residence on the Isles of Scilly for the majority of the year, with an expectation that this will be at least two-thirds of each membership year. The Isles of Scilly Travel Club reserves the right to confirm employment, residency, or full-time education status with a third party, and travel records may be checked. Members of the Armed Forces are asked to present a valid military ID at the time of application/renewal.
- Seasonal workers are not permitted to join Travel Club.
- Please allow up to 14 days for your application/renewal to be processed.
- It is FREE to join the Travel Club.
- All Travel Club memberships will expire on 28th February 2017 irrespective of when the applicant joined.
- All applicants must apply in person at the St. Mary’s office. No applications will be accepted by post, telephone, or email. Students studying on the mainland may apply through a parent/family member of Travel Club. Current proof of full-time education must be supplied (valid student ID and a letter/email from the College or tutor).
- Owning property, being on the electoral register, or paying Council tax on Scilly etc., does not guarantee Travel Club membership.
- All memberships are subject to periodic review. Any decisions made by the Isles of Scilly Steamship Company regarding Travel Club membership eligibility are final and Travel Club rules are subject to change without notice.
Bookings/Conditions of Travel
- A Travel Club membership is only valid for the person for whom it is issued; any abuse of Travel Club will be grounds for immediate loss of privileges for a period of one year starting from the time of suspension. Continued abuse will result in permanent exclusion from Travel Club. Travel Club members are responsible for all activity against their membership number.
- The Travel Club membership number must be quoted prior to making a booking. Failure to do so will result in the full published fare being charged for that leg of the journey.
- Travel Club may not be used in conjunction with any other reduced fares or offers.
- A valid Travel Club photo ID must be presented at check-in prior to boarding with Skybus or Scillonian III. Failure to do so may result in boarding being denied, or being charged the full brochure fare for that leg of the journey.
- All bookings are subject to availability and all other standard terms and conditions of carriage apply – these are available on request and can also be found on our website (www.islesofscilly-travel.co.uk).
- Stand-by travel may only be booked from 3pm on the day prior to travel. Seats cannot be held provisionally.
Cancellations/alterations by passengers
A ticket cancellation requires at least 48 hours notice and is subject to a cancellation fee of £10.00 per person per route. Cancellations made within 48 hours of the scheduled departure time will not be refunded.
Travel Club members will be subject to a £5.00 change fee per person per route changed, provided a minimum of 24 hours notice is given prior to the scheduled departure time. Any changes made within 24 hours of the scheduled departure time will result in the full fare being charged again.
Delay or Cancellation due to Weather/Technical Issues
In the event travel is cancelled by the Company due to weather or technical issues, Travel Club members are permitted to use the alternative transport provided to their ticketed destination or cancel their journey and receive a full refund for the unused portion of their ticket.
Transfer from Scillonian III to Skybus
Passengers will be charged to upgrade to the Skybus Travel Club rate.
Whilst the Company do take all reasonable measures to minimise disruption to travel we do understand that this does still happen particularly due to weather the climate around the Isles of Scilly, for this reason all passengers are advised to consider taking out a travel insurance policy to cover them for such eventualities.