Set sail from Penzance and arrive to the Isles of Scilly by lunchtime. On your way, you’ll be able to relax and enjoy a stunning seaside view of Cornwall’s quaint fishing villages, the famous open air Minack Theatre and the Land’s End Peninsula.
We’ve pulled together our top five-day trip experiences to be had on Scilly this Autumn.
- There are more than 30 miles of nature trails and walks on St. Mary’s alone, exploring the islands by foot is one of the best ways to get a sense of Scilly with plenty of fantastic eateries along the way! For a guided walk detailing the islands, wildlife or history there are resident Ornithologists and naturalists who are available to share their wealth of knowledge. Pop into the Tourist information Centre on Porthcressa beach, St. Mary’s for friendly maps, guides and advice.
- Tour a vineyard- on the island of St Mary’s (where you’ll arrive), there’s a fantastic, family run Vineyard offering home grown wines to sample and lobster lunches to savour. April-September Monday-Friday, Lunches and tastings by appointment.
- Hire a golf buggy to explore the island of St. Mary’s, making light work of all the sights and attractions.
- Hop on a boat to Tresco island and explore the world famous Tresco Abbey Gardens, there are over 20,000 species from around the world to discover here. Open daily all year round from 10-4, call 01720 424108. Inter-island boats are available from St. Mary’s quay that meet the Scillonian and will take you back in time for departure at 16:30.
- After exploring the islands you’re bound to be a bit peckish! Warm yourself with something to eat at one of the many eateries, enjoy the islands local produce whilst savouring the outstanding views. To help you decide, check out the Visit Isles of Scilly food guide: visitislesofscilly.com/things-to-do/food-drink
Sail over on the Scillonian III passenger ferry from Penzance and soak up the spectacular sights of the Isles of Scilly as you approach this breath-taking archipelago from the comfort of a relaxing ferry ride, then enjoy an afternoon exploring the islands before one last chance to see the islands from the sea as you return to the mainland at the end of a memorable day.