Do you live in Devon and Cornwall and have often thought about visiting the Isles of Scilly, but never quite made the short journey across… Well now you can for a whole lot less! We’re offering residents in Devon and Cornwall the chance to visit the Isles of Scilly with our 2018 locals offer.
Set sail from Penzance harbour and you can see Cornwall’s famous landmarks from a completely different angle. Your journey begins from Penzance harbour passing the iconic St Micheals Mount, the quaint fishing villages- Newlyn and Mousehole, Lamorna Cove, the famous open-air Minack Theatre that’s carved into the rocks, long stretches of dazzling Cornish beaches and the final passing point before heading out to the Atlantic- Land’s End. Keep an eye on the water as our passenger ferry Scillonian III is often joined by seabirds, pods of dolphins and sometimes even basking sharks!
You’ll arrive into the Isles of Scilly with a view of small islets, lighthouses and the five inhabited islands. Arrival is on the island of St Mary’s, the largest island and often referred to as the ‘hub of Scilly’. There’s plenty to do here, whether it’s hiring bikes to explore the island by pedal power or if you prefer a speedier pace, we recommend hiring a golf buggy to make light of all the sights. It’s also possible to reach the other islands, to get there you’ll need to get a connecting boat from St. Mary’s quay. To make the choice a little easier, we’ve put together some handy day trip itineraries, check out: Day Trips.
What are you waiting for? Experience a day out to remember, book your day trip today and connect to the Isles of Scilly.
- Scillonian III departs Penzance harbour at 09:15, the crossing takes 2 hours 45 minutes arriving into St. Mary’s at 12:00.
- The locals offer includes sailing days on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday, Excluding travel on peak events and bank holidays.
- As part of our locals’ offer you’ll need to have a Devon or Cornwall postcode.
- Tickets cost £25 for an adult, £15 for a child and £10 for infants.
- Tickets are booked by calling our travel centre on 01736 334220 and cannot be booked online.
Full T&C’s can be found here.